Braai Green with Safari. The sustainability of the use of renewable resources is the core focus of our environmental policy. Safari fully supports all environmental concerns raised pertaining to our industry. We have an environmental management plan in place to reduce energy consumption and to optimize the usage of raw materials.
We are currently running projects in the Southern Cape region where we are eradicating alien trees from catchment areas to improve water run-off into rivers and dams. All usable wood is recycled into braai wood. We currently support six independent contractors who make a livelihood from this ‘recycling’ of alien wood.
We support clean-up projects with schools to promote a cleaner and hygienic living environment for all. We also have a paper-recycling programme in place where all funds are donated to schools.
The increasing demand for ‘green’ products has brought up the design of the New Safari Fire Stix firelighter. It is manufactured from recycled wood dust, wax and a wick. It is very safe to light and burns for approximately 18 minutes. It has no smell and is environmentally friendly which makes it ideal for campers and back-packers.
We recognize our duty to ensure, so far as is reasonably practical, that the environment will not be damaged by our operations, manufacturing of green braai products and will co-operate fully with the authorities to meet statutory, legal and other obligations.
- Minimise the environmental impact of our activities
- Control any threats of pollution from our activities
- Utilise natural resources rationally and prudently
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation & Other requirements
- Procure raw materials from environmentally friendly suppliers
- Maintain and optimize our Management System, awareness of environmental issues within our organisation, our responsibilities and our Environmental Policy which we will review annually
- Our Policy will always be communicated to all, be available to the public and interested parties.